What Is Peptide Therapy Los Angeles?
WHAT ARE PEPTIDES?
A peptide is a short chain of amino acids linked together. If there are more than 50 amino acids in a chain, it is called a protein. Think of a peptide as a small protein. Peptides are found in all living cells; the human body has over 7,000 known peptides. Each peptide activates a specific function in the body. Therefore, there can be many different types of peptide therapy. The FDA has approved some peptides for medical purposes that are currently in use. Insulin and endorphins are examples. European physicians have been using peptides for many years. However, in the United States, peptide therapy is a budding science.
Peptide production in the human body declines with age. Therefore, replenishing specific peptides can be used to maintain wellness, and enhance performance. Their use in medicine has been mostly to treat illness. However, Peptide therapy has now moved into the preventive medicine arena. Peptides affect multiple pathways that can be targeted for repair, prevention, and enhancement of the human body. The therapy involves numerous different drugs with specific effects useful in treating and preventing many diseases.
Peptides treat specific conditions in the body and provide a wide range of benefits. They can direct good genes to turn on and bad genes to turn off. Peptides suppress organ rejection after a transplant. Because peptides are so useful in boosting the immune system, they have been enormously helpful in the treatment of many conditions, such as Lyme disease, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus, recurrent cancer, scleroderma, HIV, chronic EBV, mold illness, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia.
WHAT DO OUR LOS ANGELES PEPTIDE THERAPY TREATMENTS HELP WITH?
There is a long list of preventive conditions and diseases which are helped with peptide therapy. Some of these include but are not limited to:
- enhanced immune system and treatment of autoimmune disease
- helping with fat loss, weight management
- healing of bodily injuries, including tissue repair, joints, tendons, and ligaments
- muscle growth
- chronic inflammation and inflammatory diseases
- improving libido, sexual disorders, and erectile dysfunction
- Enhancing growth hormone production-Peptides boost the body’s natural growth hormone production and are now the treatment of choice for patients with insufficient growth hormone
- improving mental clarity and focus
- helping with anxiety and depression and stress disorders
- improve energy
- repairing nerve damage -neuropathy
- balancing Hormones
- chronic degenerative conditions
- treatment of some cancers including skin cancer
Peptide therapy does not involve using anything foreign to the body. The treatment is very safe, with very few side effects.
Peptide drugs are administered intradermally (below the skin) but can also be delivered as transdermal creams, nasal sprays, and oral tablets.
Peptide therapy is becoming one of the most popular treatments offered at the Southern California Center for Anti-Aging. If you are interested in learning more about peptide or trying peptide therapy feel free to contact our office.
HOW MANY PEPTIDES ARE THERE?
There are hundreds of different peptides but some of the most common and most beneficial are mentioned below:
- BPC 157
- CJC 1295
- IGF-1 LR3