Semaglutide | Ozempic | Wegovy in Hermosa Beach
Semaglutide (Ozempic / Wegovy) Peptide for Weight Loss In Hermosa Beach
What Is Semaglutide / Ozempic / Wegovy?
Semaglutide, which is often called Ozempic (or Wegovy), is an antidiabetic drug that has become a gamechanger in the fight against obesity. While they are both a form of the Semaglutide peptide, Wegovy is often used in higher dosages.
Ozempic is FDA approved for Diabetes. It is used ‘off label’ for weight loss because it was noted diabetics who used it were losing weight rapidly. Wegovy is FDA approved for weight loss.
Semaglutide has been shown to effectively lower blood sugar and A1C levels.
How Does Semaglutide / Ozempic / Wegovy Work?
Semaglutide is classified as a GLP-1 receptor agonist, which imitates the actions of the natural hormone GLP-1 in the human body. By doing so, it enhances insulin secretion, leading to better blood sugar control. This can also help to reduce appetite, allowing individuals to consume fewer calories and lose weight. Therefore, semaglutide is an effective medication for weight loss as it can help people eat less and reduce their daily caloric intake.
Who Is A Good Candidate for the Peptide Semaglutide / Ozempic / Wegovy
Semaglutide is generally prescribed to adults who are overweight or obese with a body mass index (BMI) of 27-30 or higher and have at least one weight-related health condition, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. It is also suitable for individuals who have tried other weight loss methods, such as diet and exercise, but have not achieved significant results. However, it is important to note that semaglutide is a prescription medication and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional. They can assess whether semaglutide is a suitable option for an individual based on their medical history, current health status, and other factors.
Book Your Semaglutide / Ozempic / Wegovy Consultation At Our Hermosa Beach Weight Loss Clinic Today
Semaglutide / Ozempic / Wegovy FAQ
Semaglutide is a medication that is used to treat obesity in adults with a BMI of 27 or higher who have at least one weight-related health condition, such as type 2 diabetes. It is a GLP-1 receptor agonist that mimics the action of a natural hormone called GLP-1, which helps to reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness. This medication can be prescribed in a once-weekly injection form.
Semaglutide and Ozempic are essentially the same medication. Semaglutide is the generic name of the medication, while Ozempic is a brand name for a specific formulation of the drug. Both medications are GLP-1 receptor agonists that are used to treat obesity and type 2 diabetes. However, the dose and administration of the medications may differ.
Semaglutide and Wegovy are also the same medication. Semaglutide is the generic name of the drug, while Wegovy is a brand name for the specific formulation of the medication that is used for weight loss. Both medications are GLP-1 receptor agonists that mimic the action of a natural hormone called GLP-1 to reduce appetite and promote weight loss. The only difference is the dose and administration of the medication.
Semaglutide works by activating GLP-1 receptors in the body, which helps to increase insulin production and lower blood sugar levels. It also helps to reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness, which can promote weight loss.
Some common side effects of Semaglutide include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and stomach pain. Other possible side effects include headache, dizziness, fatigue, and injection site reactions. Serious side effects are rare, but may include pancreatitis, kidney problems, and allergic reactions.
Semaglutide is typically administered as a subcutaneous injection once a week. The dose may vary depending on the individual’s needs and medical history.
The safety of Semaglutide during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established. It is recommended that women who are pregnant or breastfeeding consult with their healthcare provider before using this medication.
Semaglutide may interact with other medications, including insulin and other diabetes medications. It is important to inform your healthcare provider of all medications you are taking before starting Semaglutide.
Tips For Taking Semaglutide / Wegovy / Ozempic
For optimal results, it is recommended to take Wegovy/Ozempic (semaglutide) in conjunction with a well-balanced, low-calorie diet and regular exercise. Dr. Judi Goldstone may gradually increase your dosage every 4 weeks to minimize any potential gastrointestinal issues such as nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If you encounter any difficulties with this aspect of the treatment, do not hesitate to inform your doctor. They may opt to reduce your dosage or temporarily halt the medication until it is safe to resume. Additionally, it is important to avoid taking other medications that contain semaglutide or GLP-1 agonists to prevent serious side effects such as gastrointestinal complications and hypoglycemia.
How To Use Semaglutide / Wegovy / Ozempic
- Carefully read and follow the instructions for Wegovy (semaglutide).
- The medication comes in five different strengths, each with its own colored pen for administration.
- Store the Semaglutide peptide (Ozempic / Wegovy) properly in its original box in the refrigerator to prevent contamination or loss of potency.
- Never freeze the pens and discard them if they have been exposed to light or temperatures higher than 86ºF for over 28 days outside of refrigeration.
- Mark the same day each week on your calendar to take Wegovy/Ozempic (semaglutide), or allow at least 2 days to pass since your last dose for flexibility.
- Proper hygiene is essential before and after each injection. Wash your hands and cleanse the skin before injection to minimize the risk of infection and disease.
- Inject Ozempic / Wegovy into either side of the upper arm, front thigh, or lower stomach area, at least two inches away from the center of the waistline.
- Alternate injection sites to prevent discomfort and irritation from repeated injection in the same area or tender/reddened sections marked by stretch marks.
- Properly dispose of the pen into a sharps container after use to prevent accidental needle sticks and injury.
Attaining Sufficient Levels of Hormones Through Hormone Therapy is Known to Help
- Control menopause symptoms
- Increase energy
- Look & feel younger
- Reduce stress
- Improve your mental shape
- Weight loss
- Improve your physical shape
- Decrease wrinkles
- Improve your sex life
- Restore proper sleep patterns
We offer advanced testing and analysis to determine your own personal regimen:
- Customized blood panel tests
- Head-to-Toe Ultrasound Evaluation
- Personalized Genomic/DNA testing
- Comprehensive digestive stool analysis
- Food allergy testing
- Heavy metal testing
- Testing for adrenal fatigue including cortisol and DHEA
- Oxidative Stress evaluations
- Neurotransmitter Analysis testing
- Advanced Cardiac Markers testing
- NutraEval testing (vitamin and mineral levels)
Call 424-543-2869 to schedule your free 15 minute consultation in person or by phone
Our Torrance, CA Office Serves The Greater Los Angeles area. This includes but is not limited to Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, West LA, El Segundo And The Surrounding Areas